HOW TO ACHIEVE A BETTER WORLD OR THE BEST WORLD...???

*SAY NO TO: VIOLENCE/BRUTALITY/KILLINGS/RAPES/TORTURE!
*SAY NO TO:
CORRUPTION/FAVORITISM/DISCRIMINATION!
*SAY NO TO:
IGNORANCE/UNEMPLOYMENT/POVERTY/HUNGER/
DISEASES/OPPRESSION/GREED/JEALOUSY/ANGER/
FEAR, REVENGE!

Monday, April 27, 2009

PRIYANKA : I ADMIRE TAMILS!!!THEY ARE INTELLIGENT!!!THEY ARE GREAT WORKERS!!!I UNDERSTAND TAMIL NATIONALISM & THEIR FEELINGS!!!

I understand Tamil cause: Priyanka Gandhi

Priyanka Gandhi – daughter of former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and of Congress Party president Sonia Gandhi – said she understood Tamil nationalism and the Tamil cause but did not agree with the methods adopted by some groups to achieve this goal.
Ms. Gandhi told NDTV, she would never condone the killing of anybody whatever the cause might be.

“I think for me there's a clear separation. First of all, I completely admire the Tamil people. I really do. They're intelligent, they are great workers. That's one people I really admire. So I understand their feelings, I understand Tamil nationalism, I understand their cause. Fundamentally as a human being I don't agree with their methods.

“I don't believe in killing people for any cause. But I make a very clear separation between the political and the personal. I completely understand that as a nation India cannot condone the killing of an Ex-Prime Minister. I also understand a nation cannot react as Priyanka, the daughter of Rajiv reacts. That is my own personal reaction,” she said.

Last year Priyanka Gandhi visited Nalini who is serving time in an Indian prison in connection with the killing of her father. A daughter was born to Nalini in the prison.

Priyanka told NDTV she did not hate Nalini and had wanted to meet her as she felt the need to forgive her.

Meanwhile Priyanka’s brother Rahul Gandhi on Saturday branded the LTTE as killers of innocent people and said the organization was responsible for killing his father and former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.

"LTTE is banned. It is a terrorist organization responsible for the killing of my father and of innocent people," Rahul said during a 'Meet the Press' programme.

"Tamil civilians are suffering because of the war taking place. We are concerned about the plight of the Tamil civilians. We have to reduce their sufferings," the AICC general secretary said and added that while it was India’s duty to help reduce the sufferings on the Tamil civilians in Sri Lanka he said the UPA government had been trying to impress upon Sri Lanka the need for doing this.
dailymirror.lk

No comments: