HOW TO ACHIEVE A BETTER WORLD OR THE BEST WORLD...???

*SAY NO TO: VIOLENCE/BRUTALITY/KILLINGS/RAPES/TORTURE!
*SAY NO TO:
CORRUPTION/FAVORITISM/DISCRIMINATION!
*SAY NO TO:
IGNORANCE/UNEMPLOYMENT/POVERTY/HUNGER/
DISEASES/OPPRESSION/GREED/JEALOUSY/ANGER/
FEAR, REVENGE!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Have a Dream....!!!

I Have a Dream
by David Bandara


I have a dream that noise pollution by politicians, temples and mosques using huge loudspeakers will be prevented from infringing the peace that is everyone’s right.

I have a dream that drivers will observe the laws of the roads, and not subject pedestrians and responsible drivers to their dangerous and selfish lack of driving skills.

I have a dream that all Sri Lankans will realize that preventing rubbish pollution in town and country is their responsibility.

I have a dream that politicians will act like responsible adults and not like spoilt and immature children.

I have a dream that unregulated advertising hoardings and posters will no longer spoil the beauty of town and country.

I have a dream that Sri Lanka will one day have first class institutions such as concert halls, art galleries, museums and theatres that reflect the best of cultural diversity.

I have a dream that one day school children will not be subjected to the pressures of the scholarship examination and tuition classes and schools and teachers will give all children the education they deserve.

I have a dream that corruption at all levels of government service will cease to be a problem.

I have a dream that thousands of mothers will not have to desert their children by working, often for many years, in service jobs in Middle Eastern countries.

I have a dream that good governance through competent Ministers and other officials will bring much needed improvements in all aspects of the country.

I have a dream that Sri Lanka becomes a model nation for South Asia.

I have a dream that civil servants who are there to serve the public become polite and helpful.

I have a dream.

(influenced by Martin Luther King’s famous speech "I have a dream")



www island.lk

No comments: